Entrants must be 18 or older.
Entrants must be enrolled in an academic program (provide proof of current registration at certified university, school, and/or portfolio program), graduating within the academic year of the competition (Fall 2018–Spring 2019).
Entrants from non-accredited advertising or design programs must be approved by The One Club prior to the submission of entries. To inquire about your program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students do not have to be a member of The One Club in order to participate in the Young Ones Competition.
Students working at an agency as a copywriter, art director or other professional position are not eligible. Interns may seek approval.
Young Ones Competition deadline is Friday, March 1, 11:59PM EST.
Winners will be announced in mid-April.
Winners are invited to attend the Young Ones Education Festival and Awards Ceremony in NYC during Creative Week, May 6–10, 2019.
$45 USD per entry (regardless of single or campaign). Each portfolio category counts as ONE entry.
Entries are accepted only through the online entry system under www.theyoungones.org
All entry material must be digital. No physical entries. Incomplete entries and those that do not meet entry criteria will be disqualified.
The decisions of the Young Ones Competition Judges are final, including determinations as to eligibility.
OPTION A: Students register and pay for their own entries.
- ONLINE PAYMENT: At the end of the online entry process, pay online using a Credit Card.
- OFFLINE PAYMENT: At the end of the online entry process, select OFFLINE PAYMENT and send in a Check or Money Order to The One Club for Creativity, along with a copy of the invoice.
OPTION B: Students register the entries and the school pays for the submission.
- GROUP PAYMENT CODE: With this method of entry, a customized Group Payment Code can be created for schools and classes. Students can use this code to enter their own work as individuals, and then when the school administrator is ready, the code can be turned o and one invoice will be generated for all of the student entries. NOTE: A cap can be placed on the number of times the code can be used.
- OFFLINE PAYMENT: Students choose the OFFLINE PAYMENT option at the end of the online entry process. The school then collects the invoices from all students and sends them in with the total payment.
OPTION C: The school registers and pays for their students' submissions.
- ONLINE PAYMENT: At the end of the online entry process, the school pays online using a Credit Card.
- OFFLINE PAYMENT: At the end of the online entry process, the school selects OFFLINE PAYMENT and sends in a Check or Money Order to The One Club, along with a copy of the invoice.
Ownership and Usage Rights
Students can only enter work that is original and that he/she has the right or authority to enter and publish. No professional entries.
For the Brief Competition, all entries become the property of The One Club for Creativity and will not be returned.
The One Club for Creativity will act as a liaison to ensure that the client will contact the students if they decide to publish or produce any work entered in this competition. For the Portfolio Competition, the student retains ownership of all ideas and materials/images uploaded to our website.
All finalist work will be retained by The One Club for Creativity for use in the One Show Annual. The entrant also grants permission to The One Club for Creativity to show or license others to show, edit and publish the entries at such times and in such manner and media The One Club for Creativity deems appropriate.
The One Club for Creativity reserves the right to remove an entry from the competition for any reason and without notice.
Awards & Honors
All finalist will receive a one-year One Club Membership and featured in The One Club for Creativity archives. For the Brief Competition, One Show Pencils will be awarded to each winning team.
Merit Certificates will also be awarded. All winners will be published in the One Show Annual.
Digital Files for Upload
You must upload digital files for ALL entries. This will be required during the online entry process. Depending on the category, digital images or videos are accepted for judging.
NOTE: Digital Images will be required for video entries as well, but they will not be used for judging only for internal reference.
- High resolution JPEG
- 5MB maximum
- RGB color mode
- The longest side should be between 2400 - 4800 pixels
- Quicktime files (.mov)
- H.264 compression
- 1920 x 1080
- No more than 8196 kbps – No slates before the video