NOTE: The instructions below are only for uploading MOV / MP4 / MP3 files. For instructions on uploading JPEG files, review
the Submission Media Requirements page.
UPLOAD MEDIA STEPS
- Log into your account. Click the Upload Media button at the bottom of your browser window.
- Select your file or multiple files. Your upload should begin as soon as you submit them.
- Once your file(s) are uploaded, they will be listed on your Manage Files page.
- To attach your file(s) to an entry, you must select "File Upload" on Step 4 of the entry process. Then check the box to the left of the file name and click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page to save the selection.
NOTE: If you start a file upload while on Step 4 for an entry, the file will be automatically attached to that entry.
NOTE: If you are experiencing issues using the Upload Media button, visit this page to try the Simple Uploader or FTP options.
UPLOAD MEDIA TIPS
- Give your files names that are descriptive so you will be able to easily match them to the correct entry. Do not use any punctuation, commas, spaces (use underscores instead), or special characters in your file names or your files will not upload properly into the system.
- The thumbnail shown to the left of your uploaded file's name is just for reference to help you visually identify your files.
- Consider organizing your files and uploading them all at once. The upload may take a while so you might want to start your upload at the end of your day and leave your computer on to transfer while you are away.
30 Second Video - 40 MB
60 Second Video - 80 MB
90 Second Video - 110 MB
3 Minute Video - 200 MB
ESTIMATED UPLOAD TIMES
60 Second Video - 15 minutes
90 Second Video - 25 minutes
3 Minute Video - 45 minutes
NOTE: Estimated upload times are based on the user's connection speed and The One Show's server load. The above estimations are based on a standard 1 MB/sec cable connection. The speeds may vary, with slower connections taking up to 5 minutes per 1 MB of video and faster connections taking less than 30 seconds per 1 MB of video.
UPLOAD MEDIA FAQ
- Why is my file name in grey and not allowing me to select it?
The uploader only accepts files in two formats: Quicktime MOV / MP4 (encoded with H.624 codec) and MP3
If your file is in another format, you must convert it to one of these formats in order to upload it.
- Why do I keep getting "file too large" errors?
The maximum file size that the uploader will accept is 200 MB.
Anything larger will need to be re-encoded following the specifications listed on the Submission Media Requirements page.
- I am selecting my files and see them appearing in my queue but the progress bar stays on 0%. Why is this?
Check with your IT department to see if they are blocking FTP or HTTP uploads.
Once you are logged into your account, you can also visit this page to try the Simple Uploader or FTP options.